A simple and fun guide covering all the basics. This guide tells you what to talk about and when, and it also has sample question and answer scripts to get you over some of the major hurdles.
Anya’s Favorite Books for Parents
Patty Wipfler has spent decades honing the five simple and powerful tools explained in the book. If you’re struggling to talk to your kids about sex and relationships, you might need to lay the groundwork by shoring up your connection with your child. This is a fantastic guide to forming closer relationships with your children.
Naomi’s techniques for getting past our own triggers and helping our children through theirs is different and refreshing. This book is a how-to manual, and different from any other parenting book I’m familiar with. It’s a must read.
Learn what this generation of girls faces in high-school and college as they try to navigate their sexual relationships. This is an eye-opening book and a must-read! Simply warning girls what not to do is not enough! Read about their challenges so you can better understand how to teach your child to swim in these waters.
I was honored to interview Janell for The Talking To Kids About Sex Interview Series, and her book is a must-read. These are simple and thoughtful guidelines for extending your every-day parenting practice into the online realm.
I recommend this book to parents and those who serve parents all the time! i-Minds explains the science behind technology addiction. This book has informed my thinking on what kids need in terms of social-emotional skill building as well as the kind of structure they need around sexting and pornography.
An excellent book addressing the young child’s understanding of the world and how we can tailor our explanations to their development.
Mary Sheedy Kurcinka brings readers into her world-famous workshops, where she offers parents and educators insights, emotional support and proven strategies for dealing with spirited children. The key word that distinguishes spirited children from other children is "more" -- more intense, more persistent, more sensitive and more uncomfortable with change.
- Discover your child’s love language
- Assist your child in successful learning
- Use the love languages to correct and discipline more effectively
- Build a foundation of unconditional love for your child
Plus: Find dozens of tips for practical ways to speak your child’s love language.
Discover your child's primary language—then speak it—and you will be well on your way to a stronger relationship with your flourishing child.
About the product
- THE SIMPLEST WAY TO START YOUR DAY HAPPY - Using the science of positive psychology to improve happiness, The Five Minute Journal focuses your attention on the good in your life. Improve your mental well-being and feel better every day.
- COMPLAIN LESS, APPRECIATE MORE - The Five Minute Journal helps you cultivate gratitude. It changes how you feel, alters the actions you take, and therefore the results you will create...negativity be gone!
- FINALLY KEEP A JOURNAL - With a simple structured format that takes just 5 minutes, The Five Minute Journal is simple, quick, and effective. Whatever your excuse for not keeping a journal is, this journal will eliminate them.
About the product
End Those Power Struggles and Begin Connecting with Your Child
Noted family educator Mary Sheedy Kurcinka struck a national chord with her bestselling Raising Your Spirited Child. Now she hits upon another crucial parenting topic: coping with the everyday challenges of disciplining your child, while understanding the issues behind his or her behavior. In Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles, she offers unique approaches to solving the daily, and often draining, power struggles between you and your child. Kurcinka views these conflicts as rich opportunities to teach your child essential life skills, like how to deal with strong emotions and problem solve. With her successful strategies, you'll be able to identify the trigger situations that set off these struggles and get to the root of the emotions and needs of you and your child.
Anya Manes Enterprises is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.